Stefan R. SjobergAssociate
Stefan is a passionate and personable corporate attorney who counsels clients on a variety of business matters. Having earned both an MBA and a law degree, Stefan appreciates the challenges and opportunities businesses face in our community. In his transactional capacity, Stefan provides legal services beginning with pre-deal negotiations through post-closing deliverables. Stefan’s general business law practice includes entity formation, zoning analysis, entity governance, organizational restructuring, buy/sell arrangements, contract drafting, review and negotiation, and commercial real estate.
Stefan has worked with clients from a variety of industries on transactions ranging from business purchase and sale agreements to real estate closings.
In addition to his position at Reid and Riege, Stefan serves as adjunct faculty professor at Western New England University School of Law.
- Represented owners of closely-held and family businesses in structuring the orderly transfer of business interests to key employees or competitors.
- Counseled a corporate client through the tax considerations of operating a sporting event internationally.
- Assisted various entities in obtaining tax-exempt status through the filing of IRS form 1023.
- Drafted and negotiated purchase and sale agreements in a variety of real estate transactions.
- State of Connecticut
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Western New England University School of Law, J.D.
- Western New England University School of Business, M.B.A.
- Quinnipiac University, B.S.
Professional & Community Involvement
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Hampden County Bar Association
- Board Member (September 2020 - present)
- New Lawyers Section, Chair (September 2020 - present)
- Hartford County Bar Association
- Western New England University School of Law Alumni Association
- Board Member
- Nominations Committee, Chair
- Ronald McDonald House, Planned Giving Committee Member
- Viability, Finance Committee Member (September 2019-December 2020)